I don’t know about you, but I’ll take all the healthy shortcuts I can get – especially when it comes to staying lean and fit!
Whether you’re shedding pounds or maintaining your weight, the easy hints below will help you boost your metabolism without resorting to extra caffeine or dangerous stimulants.
Ten tips to supercharge your metabolism:
- Close the kitchen after dinner. A 12-14 hour overnight fast prepares your body to burn fat the next morning. Choose a smart breakfast like a protein shake with plenty of healthy fats and filling fiber, and you’ve set your metabolic tone for the day.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is the easiest way to rev up your system and feel your best. In fact, you boost your metabolism by as much as 30% each time you drink. Use this handy widget to calculate how much water you need every day.
- Have a cup of green tea. Green tea has numerous health benefits, including calming your mood and appetite while also speeding up your metabolism. That’s why caffeine-free green tea extract is one of the main ingredients in Metabolic Charge, a safe, natural metabolism-boosting supplement.
- Spice things up. Your spice cabinet probably already holds the key to kicking your metabolism into high gear. Cinnamon and cayenne pepper are known for their cleansing, metabolic-boosting benefits. Get them both in one tasty recipe here.
- Enjoy some coconut oil. The medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil are fantastic at helping your body burn more fat and build muscle. Grab a box of Dark Chocolate Coconut Fiber Bars for a tasty way to get plenty of coconut oil and gut-healing fiber with just 1 gram of sugar.
- Burst to blast fat. No more hours on the treadmill! Burst training (i.e. high-intensity interval training) is the quickest way to burn fat all day. If you’ve got 8 minutes free, you’ve got the time for a burst training workout. Find out how here.
- Swap your carbs. Trade starchy carbs like white rice and bread for high-fiber veggies and seeds like leafy greens, sweet potatoes, and quinoa. Looking for more fiber in your diet? Check out this article for the Top 15 High-Fiber Foods.
- Eat optimal protein. Plenty of clean, lean protein is vital to keeping your metabolism in high gear so you burn fat and build muscle. Check out this article for A Dozen Sources of Clean, Lean Protein, including recipes for each of them.
- Get a good night’s sleep. A solid 8-9 hours of sleep each night is crucial to maintaining a healthy metabolism. Late nights and early mornings are the fastest way to hit the brakes on your metabolism and hold on to fat. For help falling and staying asleep, try this blog.
- Dump the fructose. Drinking fruit juice or eating high-sugar impact foods like dried fruit will grind your metabolism to a halt and ensure you hang on to belly fat. So are you a sugar burner or a fat burner? Take this quiz to find out.
instant access to the infoguide!