“Three words: Maui. Swimsuit. July,” read my friend’s short, urgent text.
Backtrack for a sec. You’ve probably tried some fad diet that promised fast weight loss. Maybe you slogged through the plan and lost a few pounds, feeling miserable and eventually regaining the weight.
So a few clarifications: we want fat loss, not weight loss. (Big difference.) And while you want fast fat loss, any tactics should be completely safe and sustainable.
For decades, I’ve worked with celebrity clients who need to be red-carpet ready in a hurry. I know how to bring out the big guns and get results quickly.
If you’ve got an upcoming vacation or reunion where you’ve got to get into those skinny jeans or little black dress ASAP, these 13 tried-and-true strategies put the fast in fat loss. Click to tweet
- Accelerate. You can safely use my Intensify Week option to break through a plateau or otherwise get fast fat loss if one of the following applies to you:
- You’re a Virgin Diet graduate.
- You’ve completed Cycle 1 and at least one week of Cycle 2 in my Sugar Impact Diet, and your scores for the Sugar Impact Quiz are 2 or less in any category or 12 or less overall.
- You’re already at least halfway to your fat loss goals and feeling great!
- Please don’t try the Intensify Week unless you meet one of the requirements above or you risk cravings and stress that can derail your efforts to get healthy!
- Double up your shakes. Have one for breakfast and then another for lunch or dinner. Load your shakes with All-in-One protein powder, avocado, kale or other leafy greens, freshly ground flaxseed, and unsweetened coconut or almond milk.
- Ditch the fruit in your shake. One thing you’ll notice right away is that the shake recipes in Cycle 2 of the Sugar Impact Diet don’t have any fruit. The only fruit allowed there are lemons, limes, and avocado. We’re dialing down the fructose, which results in fast fat loss.
- Limit slow, low carbs to non-starchy veggies. If you’ve got to have oatmeal or other whole grains, keep it to ½-1 cup.
- Drink half your weight in water ounces. For instance, if you weigh in at 160 pounds, you’ll aim for 80 ounces of water daily. Keep a canteen nearby and fill it up throughout your day to effortlessly meet your quota. Learn more water tips here.
- Use digestive enzymes. My Digestive Enzymes contain a Phase Two Carb Controller that slows down carbohydrate absorption while helping you better digest protein.
- Increase your fiber gradually. Fiber is my magic bullet for super fast fat loss. Your goal should be 50 grams a day from high-fiber foods and Extra Fiber.
- Do a modified version of intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting gets great results, but it often involves skipping breakfast (a no-no on my plans). Here’s a painless alternative: have a big breakfast and lunch, then skip dinner a few nights every week. You’ll create that 16-18 hour fasting window that turns your body into a fat-burning machine.
- Try this appetite-curbing trick. About 30-60 minutes before meals, add a scoop of Extra Fiber to a tall glass of water and drink up. You’ll likely find you eat less at meals.
- Use App Control. Hormonal imbalances often cause weight loss resistance. App Control is a comprehensive endocrine-balancing formula that focuses on healthy hormone function to support safe fat metabolism. App Control could be the needle mover you need to crush cravings and balance blood sugar levels.
- Get 8-9 hours of quality, uninterrupted sleep. More sleep means more fat burning! If you have trouble falling or staying asleep, Sleep Candy (available exclusively at my store) combines science-supported nutrients to help you get deep, restful slumber.
- Try my Fast Blasts. Become an all-day fat burning machine in 8 – yep, 8 – minutes a day. That’s less time than it takes to find a parking space at your gym. Grab a free one here.
- Take 30 minutes or longer to control stress levels. Remember that stress elevates your hormone cortisol, which breaks down muscle and stores fat. Meditate, breathe deeply, get a massage, or walk your dog around the block. Figure out what works for you and do it.