Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, your anniversary, or a birthday, this menu has everything you need to kiss pricey restaurants (and their unhealthy ingredients) goodbye.
But it doesn’t have to be a special occasion to make this meal! The dishes come together in minutes – even the longest cook time is still under half an hour. And you’ll be able to enjoy it all in the intimacy of your own home.
Check out links to the recipes below, plus a few tips to keep prep simple and up the romance factor. Then get ready for the best date night ever…
Romantic Night In Menu
- Start with simple, flavorful Pan-Seared Scallops with Bacon and Spinach.
- Next, enjoy tender Grass-Fed Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Sauteed Shiitakes.
- Lemony Roasted Artichoke Hearts make the perfect light side dish.
- Finish off your meal with a healthy-but-still-decadent Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Cacao Nibs.
Romantic Night In Tips & Ideas
- No uninvited guests. That includes electronic distractions of all sorts, so be sure the phones are muted, and turn off the TV and computers. You know to get a sitter for the kids, but if your pets tend to be needy, consider arranging a slumber party for them with a friend or family member.
- Go the extra mile. The key to making a night in feel special is pulling out all the stops. Dress up like you’re heading to a five-star restaurant. Hardly ever use the nice dishes or the formal dining room? Now’s the time! Or if the weather cooperates, try a picnic under the stars. Light plenty of candles, and play soft, romantic music.
- Keep it smooth. Nothing ruins the mood faster than a stressful, frenzied meal! Earlier in the day, make your chocolate mousse to chill in the fridge, and prep all the main course ingredients. To kick off your date, cook your scallops and enjoy as an appetizer together while they’re piping hot. Then, while the artichoke hearts roast, dazzle your guest of honor with your sauteeing skills as you make the steak and mushrooms. All that’s left is to cuddle up with a bowl of chocolate mousse and your sweetie…
The stage is set for a wonderful night with your special someone, so enjoy!
Thanks so much for reading! Don’t forget to like this post and like us on Facebook.