- Start with a Green Salad with Sesame-Ginger Vinaigrette that does double-duty as a marinade for meat and fish.
- Enjoy seared Ahi Tuna over Asian Slaw – a festival of flavors and textures.
- You’re only 15 minutes away from delicious, healthy Stir-Fried Kale with Ginger.
- Filling Shirataki Noodle, Chicken, and Snap Pea Salad makes a perfect lunch or light dinner.
Japanese-Inspired Stress-Fighting Tips
- Sing your heart out. Visitors to Japan are often shocked because karaoke is everywhere. But the Japanese were onto something when they made singing a national pastime. It’s a great stress reliever and mindset hack to help you refocus and stay positive. So the next time you’re tense or tired, crank up the tunes and start singing!
- Another Japanese-inspired secret to staying fit and stress-free? Go green! Japan has multiple holidays built around experiencing nature, and a Japanese citizen in his 80s even set the record as the oldest climber of Mt. Everest. It makes sense to go outside if you want to feel good: exposure to sunlight is the best way to get vitamin D, a nutrient that’s key to your mood, immune system, and bone health. Research also proves that time spent outdoors increases your creativity and cognitive function.
- Going green isn’t just about getting fresh air – it’s also a great idea when it comes to your beverages. Green tea has been proven to boost your health in so many ways, from fighting heart disease to preventing type 2 diabetes. (Read here to find out more.) It also naturally reduces your blood pressure and anxiety levels. Just be sure to switch to decaf after lunch…
Thanks to Japan, now you’re ready for a light, healthy meal that tastes amazing, along with some extra tips to help you look and feel your best.
Thanks so much for reading! Don't forget to like this post and like us on Facebook.