New Year’s resolutions are almost always and primarily about eating healthy. After a long, stressful holiday season, and year, our bodies deserve a break and reset, including in the kitchen. Waking up can seem tiresome these days but you’ll have no problem waking up now to cook this power filled paleo breakfast hash!
Breakfast seems to be the most lackluster meals, especially when most breakfast options involve carbohydrate heavy bagels, sugary cereals, protein less toast, and so on. But 2021 has different plans, and better breakfast options. We love starting off the day with a punch of healthy proteins and fats to last you all day long, all natural and no refined sugars. Try this out this weekend or as a meal prep option for the week!
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped in cubes
- 1 leek, chopped
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 cups kale
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the sausage and garlic into the skillet and break it into small bits.
- Stir occasionally, until the sausage is browned and has developed some crispy bits, about 7 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Using the same pan as the sausage, cook the sweet potato chunks until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add in leek and onions and kale. Stir and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until kale is slightly wilted.
- Sprinkle in rosemary.
- Next, crack the eggs into spaces around the skillet and cover the skillet to let the eggs cook for a few minutes, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy.