Spring is just around the corner and nothing says spring like a spring salad. Strolling through farmer’s markets and you’ll find an abundance of produce and spring vegetables just yearning to be used in delicious recipes.
A dairy-free poppyseed dressing is the perfect compliment to this light, airy and veggie full spring salad perfect as a side dish or as a main meal with your added choice of protein. Add in nutrient-rich herbs like mint and this salad will be sure to get you in the garden and the kitchen!
Green Spring Salad
- 3 cups arugula
- 4 oz snow peas
- 4-6 stalks of asparagus, blanched and cooled
- 4 sprigs of mint, chopped thinly
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 3 watermelon radish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- a dash of stevia or monk fruit extract, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the poppy seeds, in a blender or small food processor. Process until smooth.
- Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Store in a jar until ready to pour.
- Chop blanched asparagus into small pieces.
- Slice radishes in thin circles.
- Put the arugula in a bowl, then add in the asparagus, radishes, avocado, walnuts, snow peas and then drizzle in the preferred amount of dressing.
- Toss salad with mint pieces, season to taste with more salt and pepper, and serve.