Fall represents a lot of changes. Seasons changing, leaves changing, routines changing. While we typically bid adieu the lingering heat of summer, including summer fruits and vegetables, fall is abundant with delicious and nutrient dense fall produce.
Smoothies are not just for the summertime; they can also be a healthy and energizing start to any day of the year. With this fall protein-packed smoothie, you get all your favorite fall flavors reminiscent of pumpkin and apple pie with nutrients, vitamins, and healthy fats from whole food ingredients like almond butter, spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and a dose of muscle-building protein from our entirely plant-based Vanilla Protein Powder.
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp almond or cashew butter
- 1 cup coconut milk or non-dairy beverage
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cardamom
- 2 dates
- 1 serving of JJVirgin Vanilla Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve immediately.