Simple Steps You Can Take Right Away to Reduce Inflammation
Maggie Berghoff, functional medicine nurse practitioner, joins JJ today and discusses how knowing your inflammation type gives you more information to better assess and treat your health. Maggie also gives some simple, free ways to lower inflammation in your body immediately. Listen today and learn something new!
Freebies From Today’s Episode
Get Maggie’s free Inflammatory Type Assessment by going to jjvirgin.com/inflammationtypes.
Main Points From Today’s Episode
1. Inflammation can flare up from many different things. Food, stress, the air you breathe can all contribute to increasing or reducing inflammation.
2. Knowing your inflammation type gives you more information when you go to see a medical practitioner. This information helps them diagnose and treat you more accurately.
3. There are some simple, free ways to reduce inflammation immediately. They are easy to incorporate into your daily routine.
[2:57] Maggie’s reason for becoming interested in inflammation
[7:24] What exactly is inflammation?
[8:01] Explaining inflammation types
[9:25] How knowing your inflammation type informs how you treat what’s going on with your body.
[10:23] This information not only gives you a starting point, but helps you go in better prepared when you see your health practitioner
[11:44] One simple thing you can do now that makes a big impact on your health
[14:26] Add this before taking away anything
[16:50] We do this one every day, but focusing on the how is key
[20:20] Know what’s going on inside your body – listen to yourself.
1. Eat and sleep by the clock.
2. Add before you take away when it comes to the food you eat.
3. Practice the breathing technique Maggie talked about; inhale in for 5 seconds, hold for 5, exhale for 5, hold for 5.
Mentioned in this episode:
Please review us on iTunes. And, if you haven’t already, SUBSCRIBE! As always, remember: You are worthy. Dare to live a life that matters.