Being a woman is beautiful, but the mood swings, fatigue, headaches, and bloating during your monthly cycle can make life miserable. PMS symptoms can also change as you age, making it more challenging to manage.
Good news! There are some easy ways to minimize your symptoms and feel more like yourself.
Try these 7 easy tips to feel better safely and naturally…
- Practice good sleep habits. Getting 8-9 hours of quality sleep a night is vital to maintaining your hormone balance.1 Quit the caffeine after lunch, turn off electronics an hour before bedtime, and find a calming routine. (If you need a little extra help, try Sleep Candy.)
- Exercise regularly. High-intensity interval training provides quick bursts of exercise during the day that produce endorphins, your natural feel-good chemicals.2 Resistance training (i.e. lifting weights) enhances growth hormone release, which can help your body better regulate PMS symptoms.3
- Pray or meditate. Research proves that the soothing thoughts and breathwork during meditation calm the emotional centers of your brain.4 That encourages the release of neurotransmitters that create a more relaxed, happy state – goodbye, mood swings!
- Avoid sugar and refined carbs. That includes fruit, fruit juices, and pasta or bread made with grains. Fructose and gluten are highly inflammatory, and the last thing you need during PMS is more stress hormones and inflammation!5
- Get plenty of protein. Protein is integral to healthy immune function and preventing inflammation, both of which come in handy during PMS.6 Quality counts, so go for clean, lean protein sources at each meal. Options include protein shakes, organic free range chicken or turkey, grass-fed beef, wild-caught fatty fish, or plant-based superfoods like chia, legumes, and flaxseed.
- Drink up. Staying hydrated is key during PMS to avoid bloating, fatigue, and headaches. Drink plenty of filtered, bottled or non-chlorinated water every day – find out how much you need with this handy water widget. For an extra health boost that can calm your mood and fight inflammation, add 2-3 cups of unsweetened green tea daily.7
- Supplement wisely. The supplement regimen below can help balance your stress and sex hormones, fight inflammation, prevent bloating, and calm your mood.* Each day, take:
- Omega Ultra: 1 with breakfast and 1 with dinner, 2 per day
- Metabolic Reset: 2 with breakfast and 2 with lunch, total of 4 per day
- Sleep Candy: 2 at bedtime, as needed
Thanks so much for reading! Don't forget to like this post and like us on Facebook.