Not all foods are created equal!
It turns out we can learn a thing or two about nutrition from the way our pre-agricultural ancestors used to eat…
The premise of the Paleo diet is simple, but powerful: choose foods that could be hunted or gathered thousands of years ago during Paleolithic times. The closer a food is to nature, the better it is for your health!
One of the reasons I’m a fan of the Paleo diet is because it focuses on real, unprocessed food. (In fact, many of the guidelines for Paleo eating are the same as those in The Virgin Diet and Sugar Impact Diet.)
You’ve probably heard me say before that your body is a chemistry lab, not a bank account. Adding the right foods to your menu is the key to burning fat, supporting steady energy, and improving your health!
The ten Paleo foods below not only pack a nutritional punch, they also make a perfect addition to The Virgin Diet or Sugar Impact Diet Plate.
You can’t go wrong with these tasty, healthy Paleo foods…
- Wild Salmon Try this anti-inflammatory protein in Grilled Wild Salmon with Onion Marmalade over Greens.
- Kale Skip the high-carb potato chips and opt for vitamin-packed Chipotle Kale Chips instead.
- Almonds You’ll love the taste of heart-healthy almonds in my Cinnamon Almond Butter recipe.
- Broccoli Try this cancer-fighting veggie in Paleo Steamed Broccoli with Garlic Oil Drizzle.
- Blueberries Antioxidant-rich blueberries star in this yummy Blueberry Sorbet.
- Avocado Get plenty of healthy fats and fiber with this Creamy Roasted Avocado recipe.
- Spaghetti Squash Try this fiber-filled squash in Paleo Spaghetti Squash with Capers, Onions, and Bell Peppers.
- Coconut Oil Check out 3 ways to use immune-boosting coconut oil in A Trio of Delicious Coconut Oil Recipes.
- Grass-fed Beef Loaded with disease-fighting CLA, grass-fed beef won’t disappoint in Grass-Fed Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Sauteed Shiitakes.
- Bone Broth Learn about bone broth’s amazing health benefits and get a yummy recipe for it HERE. (If you’re short on time, my Paleo-Inspired All-In-One Shakes make a convenient way to get all the goodness of bone broth without the meaty flavor or hassle…)
And to find out more about the many advantages of the Paleo diet, be sure to check out this podcast on how to eat ancestrally with the Paleo guru himself, Robb Wolf!